VIRTUAL REALITY DIGITAL COMPETENCE
THE DIGITAL MINDSET
- Digital means integrating contrasts. Being open for change and meantime not losing orientation. Using structures and boundaries for creative thinking and emergence. Constant learning and integrating experiences from the past. Sensing and acting from an emerging future.
- Digital means making decisions and taking responsibility for an uncertain future - taking control of the uncontrollable.
Working digital means collaborating with others (in addition to personal focussed working phases). Thus, the demand for self organising teams and supportive leadership is rising.
THE HEAD FAKE
DIGITAL IS FUN
- We can talk a lot about the digital age. Yet, learning is about experiencing - and fun as well as joy are the brain's fertilizer that supports our learning experiences.
- We use gamification and accelerated learning approaches to experience digital premisses and principles.
- Our work is play. We provide you with a fun game to learn about what it means to act “digital.”
THE DEEP WORK APPROACH
Deep Work increases the real return of your invest - the invest of time. In a digitalized and increasingly fast-paced world the ability to focus on the task at hand, becomes a key resource for productivity and motivation. It boosts self-efficacy and generates better results.
However, there exists a paradox in business: While the need for deep work time is increasing, the actual deep work phases are decreasing, due to constant interruptions.
Numerous studies identified an output-factor of about 2 for companies cultivating a deep work strategy. VR is mostly deep work in itself! The virtual environment can create spaces, in which the users senses are focussed and disruptions are eliminated. VR helps integrating deep work phases, by designing transitions and rituals for the user to enter deep work on a regular basis.
A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE
THE POWER OF LESS
The more options we have, the more we miss out. We waste energy and efficacy by squeezing everything into our schedule. This produces a lack of regeneration, reflection, learning, creativity and profound decision making.
Deep Work phases are essential for productivity and a creative collaborative working style. That's why sufficiency becomes a key resource to achieve outstanding results.
Therefore, to let things be, it is about making a conscious decisions: what to do and what to let be.
To succeed in a world full of possibilities, we have to sharpen the focus on delegation. We turn the fear of missing out into a ressource of focus and self efficacy.
The outcome: More clarity, concentration and focus.
STAYING ON TOP OF THE GAME
DECISION MAKING IN COMPLEX ENVIRONMENTS
- Fast changing contexts and an increasingly unpredictable future add complexity to decision making processes. We are confronted with the paradoxon of the need to decide in the present over something that can‘t be decided (the future).
- We help you to reflect your own decision making patterns, analyze when they are useful and when they might become a hindrance.
- Learn new tools that support you in analyzing, preparing and making decisions.
As most working environments become more complex and/or chaotic, classical planning techniques are no longer sufficient. The world seems to become unplannable.
- At the same time plans have a great advantage – they give us orientation, confidence and focus of our forces.
- So how can we plan the unplannable? How can we deal with the fact that things always turn out differently than planned? - Agile planning methods offer principles and tools that help us benefit from the advantages of planning, while staying flexible and adaptable at the same time.
- Learn about agile principles such as: different working modes, rhythmic planning, iterations and retrospectives, dealing with setbacks.
- Get to know planning tools (e.g. focus-boards) that can be tried out easily and incorporated into your work-life.
- Adapt the tool to your personal needs and use it to get a daily overview of what to focus on and what to let be.